Sunday, July 5, 2009

Temple Trip.......

On Friday night we had the chance to take the kids and Garrett up to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. It was a neat experience for the kids to see inside the temple, especially for Hayden and Garrett. While in the temple I got separated from the rest of the family. I stopped to use the restroom thinking Raul and the kids would keep moving slowing with the line. When I came out of the restroom I didn't see any of the family. I waited for a minute, but still didn't see any of them. I asked one of the usher's helping families with strollers onto the elevator if by chance she had seen my husband with 4 small kids and a maroon stroller get on the elevator. She said, "not that I can recall". She then proceeded to take me on the elevator to the second floor to look for them. Long story.............. short. I took the entire tour of the temple by myself, why the family continued to wait for me to come out of the restroom. I was worried how Raul would be handling 4 small children and a stroller, and he was worrying if I was okay in the bathroom. Needless to say, Raul had security looking for me. Which they did find me just as I was finishing my tour. I then proceeded to ask the kids what they thought of the tour. They all looked at me and said we haven't been on it yet. Oh, I felt so bad. But, thanks to Raul making friends with the temple workers they helped put us back in line where the family had left off.
This was not exactly the impression that I set out to make by visiting the temple. However, I think the kids enjoyed the experience and the feeling of peace as they were inside the Lord's House.

No comments:

Post a Comment